Short and Stout is a modern tea shop and lounge with bold orange, yellow and red colors, glass top tables, and cozy overstuffed chairs, located in Albany, New York. We strive to create an atmosphere of warmth and comfort where people can come to hang out, chat, listen to live music, appreciate art, and learn more about tea. You might run into an old friend or make new ones. Our goal is to build community…a Communi-Tea that fosters relationships, energy, and fun all while enjoying a fantastic tasting cup of tea. Short and Stout features more than 130 loose tea choices, displayed in conveniently color-coded tins for each type of tea. We encourage you to come to the counter and try a sample or two of the day while you decide on your tea. Feel free to ask questions and get a sniff of the teas before making a selection. We will assist you in narrowing the choices down to teas that match your preferences. We enjoy talking with our customers and are happy to answer your questions and make a recommendation.
We offer both sweet and savory pastries. Here are some selections.
- Chicken curry puff infused with chai spice
- Turkey & Provolone or Ham & Swiss Croissant Sandwiches
- Vegetarian spring roll served with sweet and sour black tea sauce
- Spinach Phyllo with mango white tea dipping sauce
- Tea infused shortbread: Matcha, Earl Grey, Chai
- Tea infused scones: Lemon Chamomile, Maple Black Tea
- Oolong Infused Brookie (brownie topped cookie)
- French Traditional Macarons
We also have gluten free and vegan pastries, so please ask us for the selection when you stop in.